Occido Lumen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Comic Discussion

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Placing this here for general comic book discussion.

The latest issue is TNE7. I saw on OMQ's blog a page full of Q. Does anybody know if there's more Q action?
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

https://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Re: The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:53 pm

Maybe just to kind of inject it with his own style/interpretation? References to the show are good, since I personally like most of the characters and how they are paired to their actors (esp McHottie/Q, Gus, Fet and Nora), but who knows what GDT and Hogan imagined when they were writing.

It's always super interesting to see what others are imagining not only in terms of character development but general setting as well. Though unfortunately in this case it seems that the general consensus is that the style of GN leaves something to be desired... at least among some of us on team Q. Who knows what others may think.

Can I make a request, Maji? Gus with his shirt off at all times possible, please. Razz The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION - Page 2 2860615554
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Re: The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION

Post by Majinkura Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 pm

oh speaking of shirtless gus....here's a quote i found regarding one fans query of a similar topic...

still no qt Quinlan x Gus fanart?? the EPH are the tumblr bitches doing?

we should use that btw for curse words - EPH lol!!

anyway as mchottie says - be patient...its coming!!
XD
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Yes. Perfect. Ephin' done.
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:07 am

Ephin-A.
Is that what we're known as? The tumblr bitches?
Ladies, we've arrived.
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:29 am

Seems Maji and VampEater have been called upon! Lol!

Laughing Where is that quote from, anyway?
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:15 pm

4 chan archive site...hehehe yes i been toying with the idea of doing some slash pics of Q and Gus....but i'd prefer them be uploaded to this site only and not tumblr..for i fear if one of the actors see's it i'd be in trouble.

(since i sign all my drawings)
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Don't sign your drawings then! Anonymity can be a beautiful thing.
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:34 am

Eh, don't want others taking cred for her hard work, either. Some people are just ruuude.

You could make an incognito account! Nobody would have to know!

Maybe I should make a general blog for all heated Strain submissions for those who are feeling like they may not want to be directly associated with them. or something.

Really, anything to get more fics /art! Razz
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steamblade Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:09 pm

Majinkura wrote:4 chan archive site...hehehe yes i been toying with the idea of doing some slash pics of Q and Gus....but i'd prefer them be uploaded to this site only and not tumblr..for i fear if one of the actors see's it i'd be in trouble.

(since i sign all my drawings)

I would LOVE to see some nice fanarts of them.
But I can understand your concern. Not sure if every actor is so happy to see fanarts like KD.
Steamblade
Steamblade
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Babywhatsyoursin wrote:Eh, don't want others taking cred for her hard work, either. Some people are just ruuude.

You could make an incognito account! Nobody would have to know!

Really, anything to get more fics /art! Razz
its not about the cred,i dont really care about that...someone would end up linking them back to me,since my art style can be traced back lol.

i guess i could make another account...but nah.

there will be more art of Q/mchottie from me don't you guys worry about that! and im sure there will be more art of them once season 2 rolls around!
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION

Post by Majinkura Sun May 10, 2015 1:20 pm

The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION - Page 2 21300

so a lot of fans have read the novels,let's talk about them here.

Last edited by Majinkura on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Fri May 15, 2015 11:57 pm

When does TNE 009 come out? Thought it should have been this week?
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Sat May 16, 2015 12:48 am

the 20th...

i know i'm gonna be beat by ohmrquinlan on dem panels...

I don't get the issue till later on in the day of release unfortunately...sometimes the day after release.
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Wed May 20, 2015 9:35 pm

this comes from issue 9 of the night eternal....

The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION - Page 2 Ratman10
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Wed May 20, 2015 10:48 pm

The Strain Graphic Novel DISCUSSION - Page 2 2678541995 Yaaaaaaas
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Mon May 25, 2015 12:42 pm

If you look at most of the characters. You can see. That the artist uses expressions over and over again. For each character. Even Q has almost exact expressions thought the comic. This happens, because of a few reasons. One the artist is trying to keep the characters consistent.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:51 pm

So cool! Thank you!

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:47 pm

no problem.

this months issue is on the 17th.
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:02 pm

I can't wait to see it! I have been so worked up about these new issues.
I think it's because their the last.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:22 pm

ok i'm going to have to take the links down,since we are going to get more people here and i know someones going to have a fit about them so...yeah

from now on this is going to be the official comic discussion thread,if you don't mind ladies Smile
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:53 am

So related to the newest issue... I've been reminded of something which kindof stumped me when I first read the books.

Forgive me if I've mentioned this already. Also, spoilers.

So Q calmly lets Creem run off, telling his human companions to forget him, it's better that the Master has some insight to their plans. The reasoning is simple- make it act out of panic or fear.

I just wonder how a creature that is supposed to be devoid of emotion would fear anything?

I guess I kind of get it. Something completely devoid of emotion probably wouldn't try for world domination to begin with- I mean, what would be the point? What enjoyment could be gleaned from that?

I may be wrong on the whole emotion thing. But my long standing impression is that one of the things that separates dhampir from their fathers is that they have the human ability to feel.
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:48 pm

I understand were your coming from. I thought the same way too about vampires. I now think that this usually referrs to human turned vampires. One like the Master and the Ancients. Are a different story.

I think for the Master and the Ancients. It's base animal instinct combined with higher intelligences. That segregates them from other vampires. That lack all real intelligences and borns. Whom not only have all their human intelligences but also human higher baring function.

The Master and the Ancients don't have that kind of higher baring function. They are nothing more then just warms. With big memory. So like all lower life forms. They feel fear. When threatened.

I hope this helps out.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2