Occido Lumen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations

+2
Babywhatsyoursin
Majinkura
6 posters

Go down

Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations Empty Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations

Post by Majinkura Sat May 16, 2015 10:49 pm

here are a bunch of images i found on the strigoi stingers...

Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations Vamphe10
Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations Vampbo10
Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations Strain10
Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations Strain11

if I find anything on the ones from the show i'll post them here..
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations Empty Re: Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Sat May 16, 2015 11:52 pm

I've seen these on Tumblr. Who was the artist again?

They're neat concepts
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

https://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations Empty Re: Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations

Post by MrQuinlansBloodDoll Wed May 20, 2015 11:42 am

In the show it has two extra flaps(?) with some sort of teeth or stingers on them, don't they? The episode where Kelly drank from her friend, it sliced her cheek when she was pulling the stinger out (if I remember right?)
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Wed May 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Mike Huddleston, the guy who draws the comics, did the line drawings.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/736/strain-sketch-feature-2
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrQuinlansBloodDoll Wed May 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations Strain10

Here's a pic! Its like the stinger is going through the glass.

Strigoi biology/stinger illustrations The-st10

And... I dunno.
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Wed May 20, 2015 5:21 pm

While I roll with the "stinger under the tongue" design from the books in my fic, I will say there has been many a time where I've been sitting with my chin on my hands feeling how little tissue there is under my jaw and thinking, "How in heck would you fit something that big into such a narrow space and have any room for a regular tongue at all? Plus the neck would need to be twice the depth. Ugh."
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrQuinlansBloodDoll Wed May 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Well... Maybe some are squishable?
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mine! Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:28 am

GoeticDisciple wrote:While I roll with the "stinger under the tongue" design from the books in my fic, I will say there has been many a time where I've been sitting with my chin on my hands feeling how little tissue there is under my jaw and thinking, "How in heck would you fit something that big into such a narrow space and have any room for a regular tongue at all? Plus the neck would need to be twice the depth. Ugh."

Do they also have a regular tongue??

This is the part that confuses me. Are the regular tongue and the stinger/stinger "Tongue" separate from each other? Or does the regular tongue split and the stinger portion comes out of it? I can never really tell. In the graphic novel drawings, it appears as though they do not have a regular tongue (until they do? Sometimes it is there, sometimes it is not?). I might be misremembering, too, though.
Mine!
Mine!
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:42 pm

that's what i thought with the eichorst shot up there - i thought his tongue transformed into the stinger....
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mine! Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:51 am

Majinkura wrote:that's what i thought with the eichorst shot up there - i thought his tongue transformed into the stinger....

Yeah, it's really weird because in that shot of Eichorst, it almost looks like his tongue is split and pronged, and each tip there is a stinger, yet we know that it opens up to expose the real stinger.
Mine!
Mine!
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:26 pm

I remember reading form the books. That the stinger base is made up of the lungs, and I can clearly see it in the art up above. It's very different from the show. Were the stinger went all the way down into the gut and groin. It was the only real organ in the entire vampire. In the books it's found in the chest. With the vampire having a simplified stomach.  

This makes me wonder about why the changes?

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:41 am

I thought in the books the tongue acted as a flap which covered the opening where the stinger emerged from. I seem to remember a passage like "his tongue curled back and the stinger emerged" - or something to that effect. That would make sense with Eichhorst as what you see protruding from his mouth in the subway scene are the tips of the actual stinger. His tongue would have been rolled back and not visible to the viewer.
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mine! Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:58 pm

GoeticDisciple wrote:I thought in the books the tongue acted as a flap which covered the opening where the stinger emerged from. I seem to remember a passage like "his tongue curled back and the stinger emerged" - or something to that effect. That would make sense with Eichhorst as what you see protruding from his mouth in the subway scene are the tips of the actual stinger. His tongue would have been rolled back and not visible to the viewer.

Is that from the novels or graphic novels? It must be the novels because I don't recall that from the GNs? That also makes sense, though.
Mine!
Mine!
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:33 am

The novels, yes.
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down