Occido Lumen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction.net vs Archive of our Own?

4 posters

Go down

Fanfiction.net vs Archive of our Own? Empty Fanfiction.net vs Archive of our Own?

Post by GoeticDisciple Sun May 10, 2015 11:18 pm

Just wondering if anyone has opinions on FF.net vs the Archive. I'd like to drive more readers to my fic and notice that FF.net hits dominates Google searches.

Thoughts?
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fanfiction.net vs Archive of our Own? Empty Re: Fanfiction.net vs Archive of our Own?

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Sun May 10, 2015 11:32 pm

I started off on FF.net and still hold an account there.

It's worth a shot. The thing with FF is that there are so many restrictions on that site. Swearing, MA stuff.. even if labeled correctly I've seen people lose all their work on the site. It's actually what pissed the TMNT fandom off enough to run off and start their own forum years back, and what gave me the idea to try to set a place like this up.

I didn't realize AO3 existed until rather recently. I like the tags and the way they have their warnings/sensitivities set up. But I can still find some pretty good fics on FF.N
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

https://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fanfiction.net vs Archive of our Own? Empty Re: Fanfiction.net vs Archive of our Own?

Post by MrQuinlansBloodDoll Mon May 11, 2015 10:59 am

I post most of my stuff on AO3 because fanfiction.net has started cracking down on smut scenes even if the fanfiction is rated M. I did post on adultfanfiction.net but AO3 works out better for me, personally. I still post on fanfiction.net but I skip the M rated scenes and make it a blank chapter with a note linking to AO3.
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Mon May 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll use it as a backup/redirect.

Bizarre mixed message to have a fanfiction site that has issues with mature content...

Let's all sign up for accounts and then work to get banned, hahah. We can use our experiences as marketing tag lines for our fics: "This fic was too hot for FF.net - will it be too hot for you???"
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrQuinlansBloodDoll Mon May 11, 2015 6:07 pm

Haha, it doesn't take much to get ff.net hot and bothered apparently.
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Mon May 11, 2015 6:30 pm

adultfanfiction.net...or AFF.net for short..yeah i used to have an account there,but i had them delete it,i rarely go there for fics anymore.
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum