Occido Lumen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strigoi Makeup Effects

5 posters

Go down

Strigoi Makeup Effects Empty Strigoi Makeup Effects

Post by Majinkura Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:31 pm

so i came across this article about the different makeup effects houses and got to thinking - do you have a particulat pet peeve about a certain effect the crew could have done better?

here's the link to the article.its very interesting.
Wink
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Strigoi Makeup Effects Empty Re: Strigoi Makeup Effects

Post by GoeticDisciple Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Cool article. Cinefex is the best!

Yes, I have a peeve. The veins. On their heads. WHY ARE THEY BLUE?

Because to have blue veins you need red blood.

Maybe because they haven't turned all the way? But if that's the case, then why would Mrs Luss bleed white after only having been a full on vampire for a matter of hours? Strigoi Makeup Effects 9bcd550828901e74de80987f43c0
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:18 pm

True. There's no red in the blood to absorb the light, so really we may not even see blood vessles.

Do we have any info on circulatory system? I remember reading somewhere a breakdown of where organs go- many of the organs in the thoracic cavity seem to go to the stinger. Do they still have a heartbeat?
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

https://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:40 pm

I would imagine they do have a heartbeat but it almost seems like the heart beat is supposed to be weaker (given they do not gout blood when cut, they kind of ooze). Maybe the re-appropriation of organ systems facilitates the growth of arterial sub-pumps throughout the body, thus resulting in an overall lower pressure, slower yet still effective circulatory system. Only other option is an open circulatory system like an insect, which wouldn't work in a complex life form. Maybe the worms assist in circulation somehow as well.
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 am

Kindof like a muscle pump? That's what I imagined. When they move, the movement of their body is what moves the blood around. But then they wouldn't have much for flow during sleep... maybe that's why the twitch like that while 'dreaming.'

It just seems strange to me that they would have such a high metabolism yet a crappy circ system. They need blood to absorb nutrients and carry it throughout. Though it occurs to me as I type that maybe the blood worms circulate all of that on their own.
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:23 am

They've got to have some blood pressure. Worm movement alone could not achieve enough circulation. Otherwise you'd have a bunch of vamps with super swollen legs and feet, like people with congestive heart failure! Gravity would slowly pull everything into their lower extremities.
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:18 am

I think with the newly turned and the ones that are "held back", the systems are in some quasi inbetween state. At least, that's what I always thought. I just see the worms going and camping out in the internal organs. They become prime real estate. If you look at Miriam's heart it was like a dog with heartworm (dissected) maybe, not as full, but that's what it reminded me of. I think the problem is those who have any sort of Science background are just supposed to ignore everything. Just surrender to the whole "You are watching a Vampire Show, Shut Up"..but sometimes my mind, bucks and squeals. I can't imagine what it must be like working in the medical field and watching it. I fixate now, with just the one Human Anatomy course I've taken..

"But then they wouldn't have much for flow during sleep"
Spoiler:

Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:07 am

GoeticDisciple wrote:They've got to have some blood pressure. Worm movement alone could not achieve enough circulation. Otherwise you'd have a bunch of vamps with super swollen legs and feet, like people with congestive heart failure! Gravity would slowly pull everything into their lower extremities.

Loll... a bunch of vamps running about with 3-4+ edema to the lower extremities. But for real-- they'd need a more effective pumping mechanism, then. Muscle pumps or any other type of open system would result similarly, I'd think... especially with vertical stature. Unless they'd like to argue that they just have some other mechanism(s) to pump, or keep their hearts.

mandalorianmeowmeow wrote:I think the problem is those who have any sort of Science background are just supposed to ignore everything. Just surrender to the whole "You are watching a Vampire Show, Shut Up"..but sometimes my mind, bucks and squeals.

Haha, 'stop nitpicking and just enjoy it, kids.' Fine. FIIINE. *sits back down* Razz
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:19 am

Let's get them all compression stockings, since they're going to need it!

Regarding time and sleep:

Spoiler:
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Not quite familiar, but I think I get what you're saying. Which is interesting, and makes sense to me.

Age and time has done wonders for their confidence- we should have them speak at teen conventions for self-esteem (though that would probably go horribly- lol!). They just can't see where one of the remaining six could be a threat. It's their weakness- everything must have a weakness. Unless they really do have that nonlinear approach to time, and
spoiler:
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:17 am

GoeticDisciple wrote:Let's get them all compression stockings, since they're going to need it!

Regarding time and sleep:

Spoiler:

I think they should also get motorized scooters. That would help as well. "Yes, Mr Strigoi you are completely terrifying in your socks and on your scooter. See, I am backing away."

Are we spoiler tagging things that are in the book now? Coz that's what I did here.

Spoiler:

Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:22 am

Babywhatsyoursin wrote:
GoeticDisciple wrote:They've got to have some blood pressure. Worm movement alone could not achieve enough circulation. Otherwise you'd have a bunch of vamps with super swollen legs and feet, like people with congestive heart failure! Gravity would slowly pull everything into their lower extremities.

Loll... a bunch of vamps running about with 3-4+ edema to the lower extremities. But for real-- they'd need a more effective pumping mechanism, then. Muscle pumps or any other type of open system would result similarly, I'd think... especially with vertical stature. Unless they'd like to argue that they just have some other mechanism(s) to pump, or keep their hearts.

mandalorianmeowmeow wrote:I think the problem is those who have any sort of Science background are just supposed to ignore everything. Just surrender to the whole "You are watching a Vampire Show, Shut Up"..but sometimes my mind, bucks and squeals.

Haha, 'stop nitpicking and just enjoy it, kids.' Fine. FIIINE. *sits back down* Razz

And we are all over here like... Strigoi Makeup Effects 2527933244

Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by celestial-may Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:00 am

I would like to call attention to the fact that Eichorsts minions are wearing either blazers or leather jackets. He will not be seen with just any strigoi, but only the ones who had some fashion sense.

Dead or undead, he's still had his standards!
celestial-may
celestial-may
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:51 am

Seems to be a reoccurring theme. If you have to lead a band of brainless, blood-sucking monsters, then they had better be well-dressed, dammit.
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:56 pm

And rather fine, on the Strigoi scale, that is. Embarassed

Human
Human

Back to top Go down