Occido Lumen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SPOILERS] Getting my facts straight.

5 posters

Go down

[SPOILERS] Getting my facts straight.  Empty [SPOILERS] Getting my facts straight.

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:15 am

Contains book spoilers.

Okay, so I need some other minds to speculate with me for a minute, here. Pretty please?

Kay- so...

The Master kills Quinlan's wife.

Quinlan broods for a bit.

Quinlan tries to kill Master...?

Quinlan joins the Ancients.

I'm in need of clarification. I'm pretty sure Q got to the edge of a cliff or whatev with the Master before he joined the Ancients.

But the Master did not fall out of grace and start a so-called war with the others until he crossed borders, correct? So for Q to join Ancients, my assumption is that a quest for revenge falls on the back burner. Or maybe it's just something Ancients don't care about one way or another. Anyway, there probably wasn't a reason justified (by the Ancients) to hunt down the Master until he actually crossed the border and broke a truce?

Regardless, it makes sense for me for the Master to pull stuff. Destroy a few villages here and there, leaving it up to the Ancients to clean up so as to not reveal themselves to the world. After all, for humans to know of their presence before they're ready would disrupt their master plan, right?

EDIT: Speaking of world domination/ master plans... It must be that Old World and New World Ancients had different ideals?
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

https://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] Getting my facts straight.  Empty Re: [SPOILERS] Getting my facts straight.

Post by guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:36 am

West Side Strigoi
*walks away*

I could be wrong but I thought they always had an issue with the Master....I'd have to look it up..but it's bedtime...

Human
Human

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] Getting my facts straight.  Empty Re: [SPOILERS] Getting my facts straight.

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:00 am

Who needs bed? It's 3am here.

*stands outside forum door and bangs pans together* NOBODY SLEEPS.
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:54 pm

I'd like to give a long explanation about my theories, but I'm tired at the moment. So I will do so later.

But in short. I believe that the Ancients never really liked their little brother. They may want him dead do to sibling rivalry.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:42 pm

mandalorianmeowmeow wrote:West Side Strigoi
*walks away*

I could be wrong but I thought they always had an issue with the Master....I'd have to look it up..but it's bedtime...

*in Nigel lithgow voice* - Cue music and dance number!!!
(sorry i watch too much,so you think you can dance)
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:07 pm

The Ancients never got on with The Master. He emerged last, which I always took to imply the other 6 had their ways established by the time his worms made it up through the mud. The Master also was spawned from the most repugnant part of the rendered Angel - the throat and mouth. Lastly, the Master sought independence whereas the other 6 considered themselves separate parts of the same whole.

When Q faces off with the Master on the cliff in Tortosa, he has that moment of oneness with the Master when it speaks to him in his mind. That I took to be the turning point where Quinlan finally understands the size of the gulf between what he is and the human world. He has led a lonely, empty life up until the brief period with his wife, and even with her was not able to achieve the intimacy he gets in that one second of connection with the Master. This drives him to turn his back on humanity: his own and in general.

And until the Master broke the truce by enlisting the help of a human to cross the ocean, the Ancients tolerated their unruly seventh. I believe this is because they considered themselves unified in their desire to eventually take over the Earth. The failure of their collective mindset was not realizing one of their own would try to take over the Earth as an independent entity and eradicate them, pulling all their power into himself. The idea of singular existence is foreign to them.
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Stupid Ancients, dropping the ball. You don't trust family. Have they never been to a Family Reunion? Geez.
I don't understand how crossing the Ocean would have broken the truce. The NW Ancients used humans..But The Master USED humans..so maybe that's the difference..
Seriously, he could have planned this anywhere. Then after he destroys the frak...not nesting sites..that's turtles...um....you know what I am trying to say..Place of Origin...he could have traveled to his Place of Origin and tucked in.
I wonder if he'd have been more successful had he started it elsewhere..Like a small country, where people blame the illness on witchcraft, and it doesn't get to the media as fast. No one pays attention to poor people. He should have started in a shanty town. Then it could have spread via peace keepers and medical staff going over to assist.
And why pick the one city where your Nemesis lives?
Yes it still spreads..but I wonder if it would have spread quicker in a poorer nation. As a whole, we are pretty heartless species, and things REALLY need to get out of hand before we start to send aid or pretend to care.

Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:31 am

I know that there was some event that occurred where a truce was drawn, causing the seven yo split geographically. So the new world ancients were crossing to get to where they needed to be for the yruce. Master was supposed to stay old world and broke truce by galavanting.

Thanks a lot, guys. Was doing some writing and wanted to know what everyone thought. At work now but may add my two cents in later..

Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Imagine... strigoi outbreak in the favelas of Rio De Janeiro.
That would be END GAME.
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down