Telepathy Stuffs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Telepathy Stuffs

Post by MrQuinlansBloodDoll on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Can Quinlan only speak with strigoi or is he able to communicate with humans as well? I haven't finished the books yet x.x I was wondering if he can read human minds.
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Telepathy Stuffs

Post by VampireEater on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:19 pm

Quinlan can't read human minds. As much as he can anticipate there next move or motive.
He's almost 2000. I'm sure by how he has got the ways of man. Down to a science. On top of that. He is very observant. Q picks up on little things easy.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrQuinlansBloodDoll on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Ah, I was wondering about that. Thank you ^^ for some reason I thought maybe he could if he was drinking a persons blood.
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin on Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:38 am

We have different headcanons, depending on the fanfiction writer. My Q is nonverbal, while GD's is under most circumstances.

I don't remember seeing anywhere in the book that said he can/cannot. I don't know what I have the feeling that he can- but minimally. Not necessarily reading minds... maybe just emotion, and drawing conclusions from that.

My Q cannot read minds in the sense that he can dive in to see what the weather was like last Thursday. It's more complicated... more like he can sense the minds of nearby humans if he focuses- like background murmurs. He wasn't always able to do this, and by my headcanon the skill does not really develop fully until he has more exposure to the Ancients.

Anyway, in my current fic-verses he is skilled enough to recognize the murmurs of humans he'd had prolonged contact with- his wife, for one, and maybe a few of his best soldiers. He can glean watery images if he's in close enough contact to a person and the thoughts are amplified by a certain level of emotion- fear, for instance. Or lust, or hate.
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

View user profile http://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin on Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:40 am

Also... MrQuinlansBloodDoll, welcome to the forum!!
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

View user profile http://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:43 am

MrQuinlansBloodDoll wrote:Ah, I was wondering about that. Thank you ^^ for some reason I thought maybe he could if he was drinking a persons blood.

Your welcome. It's nice to have you finely up here with the rest of us.
I did see any reason why you can't write Q being about to read the minds of the people he drinks from. It sounds kind of cool in a vampire way.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrQuinlansBloodDoll on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:43 am

I wonder what he would think if he was able to see everything about the person and somehow communicate with them while drinking their blood ^^; would he feel mercy of some sort on someone with a horrible past? Or get ticked at someone horrible like a murderer or something?
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrQuinlansBloodDoll on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:44 am

(And thank you for the welcome!)
MrQuinlansBloodDoll
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:39 am

Your welcome. I like the idea! It sounds hot. as well as something that could be funny. Depending on whom he drinks. Go with it. Just because there's no canon info. Doesn't mean you have to drop any creative ideas, and this one is very creative and I would love to see it in a fan fic one day.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top