Occido Lumen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr. Quinlan - Vampire Hunter comic

4 posters

Go down

Mr. Quinlan - Vampire Hunter comic Empty Mr. Quinlan - Vampire Hunter comic

Post by Lynxcat1 Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:35 pm

Mr. Quinlan - Vampire Hunter comic Strain10

A new comic coming out from Dark Horse comics. Its the stories of Quinlan with more detail.. I'm sure excited! Though, I'm worried about how good the comic will be. What expectations do you have?
Lynxcat1
Lynxcat1
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Mr. Quinlan - Vampire Hunter comic Empty Re: Mr. Quinlan - Vampire Hunter comic

Post by VampireEater Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:24 pm

I have seen some of the inner pages. The interior art is good. I hope it stays that why.
I don't know why, but I would like to see some one on one stuff between him and his wife.
As well as see his personality change as the years go on. I double he was the same person from A to Z in his life.
Mr. Quinlan - Vampire Hunter comic The-st10

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynxcat1 Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:04 am

I agree! And the sad thing is that I heard it's only getting 5 issues.. (Which I hope is false) I also want to see more interaction between him and his wife too! Very Happy
Lynxcat1
Lynxcat1
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:53 pm

Lynxcat1 wrote:I agree! And the sad thing is that I heard it's only getting 5 issues.. (Which I hope is false) I also want to see more interaction between him and his wife too! Very Happy

Really only 5 issues! I read it would be 12 issues long! Here's to hoping that it's 12 and not 5.
I too hope there will be more interaction between him and his family. Like how did they met Question  what was their first night like Question  How did she react when she found out he might not have been packing Question
Also did he ever try again to find love and happiness Question
And all that kind of stuff.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynxcat1 Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:50 pm

VampireEater wrote:
Lynxcat1 wrote:I agree! And the sad thing is that I heard it's only getting 5 issues.. (Which I hope is false) I also want to see more interaction between him and his wife too! Very Happy

Really only 5 issues! I read it would be 12 issues long! Here's to hoping that it's 12 and not 5.
I too hope there will be more interaction between him and his family. Like how did they met Question  what was their first night like Question  How did she react when she found out he might not have been packing Question
Also did he ever try again to find love and happiness  Question

Yes exactly. I had the same reaction too when I heard it was only going to be 5 issues. I mean, they're hyping the comic up alot and all for just 5 issues? I just don't get it. And I totally wanna see more between his family. It would be interesting. They only gave Mr. Q flashback scenes like 2 pages in the Strain comic so let's hope for the best. Smile
Lynxcat1
Lynxcat1
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Lynxcat1 wrote:
VampireEater wrote:

Yes exactly. I had the same reaction too when I heard it was only going to be 5 issues. I mean, they're hyping the comic up alot and all for just 5 issues? I just don't get it. And I totally wanna see more between his family. It would be interesting. They only gave Mr. Q flashback scenes like 2 pages in the Strain comic so let's hope for the best. Smile

I know I wanted more flashbacks in the comic, and am happy that their making a comic just to him and his story, but only five issues! That's not enough!
If I had to think of a really good reason why they would make a comic to Quinlan, hype it up like their doing and only have it running for five issues would be for money.
It's no secrete that the strain get it's budget cut for season two. Show's depend on merchandise to keep thing a float. This comic is a great way to bring in extra money and attention that the show needs right now.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynxcat1 Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:53 pm

VampireEater wrote:
Lynxcat1 wrote:
VampireEater wrote:

I know I wanted more flashbacks in the comic, and am happy that their making a comic just to him and his story, but only five issues! That's not enough!
If I had to think of a really good reason why they would make a comic to Quinlan, hype it up like their doing and only have it running for five issues would be for money.
It's no secrete that the strain get it's budget cut for season two. Show's depend on merchandise to keep thing a float. This comic is a great way to bring in extra money and attention that the show needs right now.

I agree. It's all probably for money. Though if it exceeds their expectations in popularity, it might get more issues. Let's hope that happens.
Lynxcat1
Lynxcat1
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Lynxcat1 wrote:
VampireEater wrote:
Lynxcat1 wrote:
VampireEater wrote:

I agree. It's all probably for money. Though if it exceeds their expectations in popularity, it might get more issues. Let's hope that happens.

Getting more issues would be awesome! I hope it doesn't well enough for us to get more. Very Happy

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynxcat1 Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:06 am

VampireEater wrote:
Lynxcat1 wrote:
VampireEater wrote:
Lynxcat1 wrote:
VampireEater wrote:

Getting more issues would be awesome! I hope it doesn't well enough for us to get more. Very Happy  

Same here!
Lynxcat1
Lynxcat1
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Agreed. Hopefully it's popular enough that they continue it.

I'm a little concerned that if it's only a few issues there will not be as much detail. I live for the details haha
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

https://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Babywhatsyoursin wrote:Agreed. Hopefully it's popular enough that they continue it.

I'm a little concerned that if it's only a few issues there will not be as much detail. I live for the details haha
I know what you mean. I was chocked to find out that it is only five issues long, and not twelve. I was hoping that it would be twelve so that we could get a nice long detailed look into Q's life. I now hope more then anything that it focus on the most important parts of his life.
When he was a gladiator, a husband and a father, as well as when he joined the Ancients. The comic looks good are whys so I hope it delivers story whys.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynxcat1 Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Babywhatsyoursin wrote:Agreed. Hopefully it's popular enough that they continue it.

Yes, I live for detail. Very Happy It annoys me because Quinlan has lived for over 2000 years and he's lived through so much history. He has so much backstory that you couldn't simply fit it all in 5 issues. Or thats how I look at it at least..
Lynxcat1
Lynxcat1
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:32 pm

Lynxcat1 wrote:

Yes, I live for detail. Very Happy  It annoys me because Quinlan has lived for over 2000 years and he's lived through so much history. He has so much backstory that you couldn't simply fit it all in 5 issues. Or thats how I look at it at least..
I agree. For the long life he's lived, he needs more then just five issues.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by descendedfromgrace Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:03 pm

I can agree, he needs more than five issues because there is so much ground to cover given how old Quinlan is. My local Barnes and Noble did not have it and I was so ticked that my friend had to shove my Hershey bar into my mouth to keep me quiet.
descendedfromgrace
descendedfromgrace
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Lynxcat1 wrote:

Yes, I live for detail. Very Happy  It annoys me because Quinlan has lived for over 2000 years and he's lived through so much history. He has so much backstory that you couldn't simply fit it all in 5 issues. Or thats how I look at it at least..

Maybe he actually spent 1000 years sleeping.

I've said it before somewhere- living for that long is unfathomable to me. There must have been several turning points for him. One wife (though I love the idea of her) and, if we're going by the show, one mother-figure... he was young enough during those happenings for there to be a LOT of time between then and now.
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:37 pm

descendedfromgrace wrote:I can agree, he needs more than five issues because there is so much ground to cover given how old Quinlan is. My local Barnes and Noble did not have it and I was so ticked that my friend had to shove my Hershey bar into my mouth to keep me quiet.

I'm not someone who necessarily needs to have a solid copy, so I read it online. silent
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by descendedfromgrace Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:56 pm

Babywhatsyoursin wrote:
descendedfromgrace wrote:I can agree, he needs more than five issues because there is so much ground to cover given how old Quinlan is. My local Barnes and Noble did not have it and I was so ticked that my friend had to shove my Hershey bar into my mouth to keep me quiet.

I'm not someone who necessarily needs to have a solid copy, so I read it online. silent

Ah, I tried but I love the feel of a book between my fingers or a comic book that I can physically read.
descendedfromgrace
descendedfromgrace
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynxcat1 Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:14 pm

descendedfromgrace wrote:
Babywhatsyoursin wrote:

Ah, I tried but I love the feel of a book between my fingers or a comic book that I can physically read.

Yes same for me too. I haven't been lucky either in finding copies. My local comic book shop didn't even supply it.. Crying or Very sad
Lynxcat1
Lynxcat1
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by descendedfromgrace Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:52 pm

Lynxcat1 wrote:
Babywhatsyoursin wrote:

Yes same for me too. I haven't been lucky either in finding copies. My local comic book shop didn't even supply it.. Crying or Very sad

I am sorry to see that! I am trying to find a decent website that actually has it scanned nicely.
descendedfromgrace
descendedfromgrace
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:55 pm

Lynxcat1 wrote:
Babywhatsyoursin wrote:

I am sorry to see that! I am trying to find a decent website that actually has it scanned nicely.
both the two new issues can be found here of really good quality! Very Happy
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Strain-Mister-Quinlan-Vampire-Hunter

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynxcat1 Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:23 am

VampireEater wrote:
Lynxcat1 wrote:
Babywhatsyoursin wrote:

Thank you so much! Mr. Quinlan - Vampire Hunter comic 2860615554
Lynxcat1
Lynxcat1
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Lynxcat1 wrote:
VampireEater wrote:
Lynxcat1 wrote:
Babywhatsyoursin wrote:

Thank you so much! Mr. Quinlan - Vampire Hunter comic 2860615554
Your so very welcome. Smile I hope you enjoy them. The second issue was really good!

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down