Occido Lumen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miguel Gomez - Interview

5 posters

Go down

Miguel Gomez - Interview Empty Miguel Gomez - Interview

Post by Majinkura Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:32 am

here's the LINK.

VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Miguel Gomez - Interview Empty Re: Miguel Gomez - Interview

Post by VampireEater Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:32 am

What. Dose this have something to do. With people saying. That Gus hated Vaun!?

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:02 pm

Actually, I see the point.

Honestly, from the perspective of the show, Gus had two choices: join and get to live(and we'll pay you), or die. We don't get any small, in-between scenes at all... but Gus is a strong guy. He's used to being in situations which could potentially erupt in to life or death- the banter we see could pass as his guise to make it seem as though he's more at home in the situation, because any sign of weakness could and would be used against him.

This newer, second-season Vaun... there was no warmth to him as the strigoi, wheras when he was Q we did get that glimpse. I'm sure it would have been different without the sucky writing.

Gus goes to reach aND help Vaun and the crew for I'm sure two reasons... one, baseline he is a decent guy. Two? Survival, man. He's much more likely to get back out of that place with its scary lightbeam death traps with the gang...

Hoping he can develop some different relationship with Q. In the books he at least has great respect for the other character. Until then the fangirl in me insists that Vaun and Gus were madly in lurve.
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

https://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:42 pm

All of this negativity towards Vaun, makes me see why the show is starting to do poorly. Sad

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:25 am

Babywhatsyoursin wrote:Actually, I see the point.

the banter we see could pass  as his guise to make it seem as though he's more at home in the situation, because any sign of weakness could and would be used against him.

This newer, second-season Vaun... there was no warmth to him as the strigoi, wheras when he was Q we did get that glimpse. I'm sure it would have been different without the sucky writing.

Gus goes to reach aND help Vaun and the crew for I'm sure two reasons... one, baseline he is a decent guy. Two? Survival, man. He's much more likely to get back out of that place with its scary lightbeam death traps with the gang...

Hoping he can develop some different relationship with Q. In the books he at least has great respect for the other character. Until then the fangirl in me insists that Vaun and Gus were madly in lurve.

I second the Gaun bromance!!!

anyway like i was saying to someone on facebook - i think the writers want us to see gus as he is in the comics,an asshole as he puts it....and it might have worked for me...except that Miguel conveys too much feels at the heartstrings with those puppydog eyes he keeps displaying!!

i agree the banter with vaun might have been just for comedic effect,coping mechanism. the sign of weakness thing was evidenced with the scene where he returns to his mother,the master saw it,hence calling him a coward....

gus really needs to stop running and fight head on even if it's his mom...

he did reach for vaun...not good enough but tried....but what i didn't like is when vaun told him to go,he didn't hesitate and just left...but then again he is supposed to be an asshole..

last but not least - Guinlan....this is going to piss me off because Vaun taught him very important skills and should have had some form of respect for him....but nope the writers are going to end up having gus all fanboy over quinlan who honestly doesn't give a shit like vaun....still Gus should have had the same equal respect for Vaun that Quinlan is going to get....

just pisses me off the strigoi double standards...just because Vaun may not be a born.... Miguel Gomez - Interview 4025263052
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:03 pm

I think they've got him trying too hard. He seemed really natural in the first season and this season... well, admittedly I'm a couple episodes behind and partly it's because I feel like they're ruining even Gus, who turned into one of my fave characters while I was heavily into writing my fic.

I had to laugh here - I think this quote from the article sums up the show in a nutshell:
"The actor still finds challenges in the role every day. “Every day there’s a challenge. Every day you try to figure out what it is that the writers, and Carlton Cuse and Guillermo, what they’re trying to say, what message are they trying to get across. There are always difficulties with trying to figure out what it is exactly that Gus is going to do next, and what his intentions are and his motivations are. Yes, it’s always a difficulty.”
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luccicute Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:17 am

JFC goeticdisciple about that quote you have from the interview....wow...that sadly DOES describe the show really well. I feel even more so for the actors on the strain. I mean in Pan's Labyrinth (another GDT creation) the artists also describe how it was difficult at times because del toro kept changing things they needed to make every day (sometimes because something went wrong or because he had new inspiration).

Seems like Miguel doesn't know how Gus is meant to react sometimes, but goes w/ his instinct cause well....he's still gotta play the character! and we can't blame him. i mean, it makes sense that Gus is on edge around the other vamps. They DID kidnap him, no way to sugarcoat that, and if I were in Gus's position I'd really feel I'd have no choice. What if Gus said no to Vaun? Would they really have put him back in NYC safe and sound, or more likely fed him to the ancients to keep quiet (or at the very least threatened him w/ the ancients which in a way...they kinda did)? At least that woulda been my fear if I were Gus.

Still, it was implied that he formed a sort of kinship with Vaun (albeit...just implied) since he trained Gus. Not to mention their 'friendly' banter together. Its sad cause they could have easily established that Gus had a grudging respect for his kidnappers, while still being on edge on where he was/who he was (a human with vampires).

We could have had Gus exploring their hideout, we could have had Gus asking questions about vampires (ie: do you guys need to drink every day? where did you come from? have you read twilight? ect). WE COULD HAVE HAD VAUN'S BACKSTORY SHARED W/ GUS'S. There just.....wasn't enough focus on these characters and more importantly nothing is clear.
Luccicute
Luccicute
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:52 pm

I seriously don't think Vaun would have hurt Gus. I don't think he was even holding Gus there against his will. Remember. Gus treated Vaun with leaving. If Vaun didn't tell him what he was planning, and Vaun tolled him. He know Gus was serious about leaving. Gus could go when every he wanted. 
Vaun seems to be a good judge of character. He know from the get go. Than Gus would make a good sun hunter. With some training of cause. The best was to attract bees. Is with honey, and that's what Vaun did. He know that Gus wanted vengeance for his loved ones. The money was just the icing on the cake. Vaun didn't have to worry about putting Gus back in NY, and if Gus did say no. Who is going to believe him. He just escaped from a police transport. So he can't go to the police to report that he was kidnapped be vampires in hood from the hood!

And I entirely agree with you about them not being clear or exploring Vaun's backstory, or these guys! WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL!! If only the writhers had been smart!

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Luccicute Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:36 pm

The main issue here, no matter what, is that we never SAW anything about Gus/Vaun's true relationship. Nothing concrete anyhow, but there are some signs...

Honestly :/ I do think they held Gus there against his will because frankly?? We never physically saw anything to say the contrary. If we had seen Gus even just walking down the streets of NYC, doing his OWN thing during this time, then I'd believe you that they were not holding him. But we didn't see this.

Also didn't help that when Gus snuck in Palmer's building it was shown that he had no idea staten island was declared a plague free zone, despite being big news (which means he hadn't been exposed much to the outside and/or radios).

My hypothesis based on that is: just as Gus didn't trust Vaun's team, Vaun didn't trust him enough to let him roam outside or do anything else on his own. This implies they were keeping him down there, most likely against his will. Arguably, you could say Vaun had to give him intensive training for the mission against Palmer so there was no time for Gus to be doing his own thing......but as stated before....it is not something we were shown (yay writing team...not confirming anything. I could be wrong! for sure! but i don't think my theory should be discounted just yet).

I mean....XD when Vaun's team first took Gus they put a bag over his head and even tied him up. Yes Vaun let him go to show good faith, but Gus still felt threatened enough to RUN. True enough that Vaun also warned Gus that if he woke the ancients that they would have to feed (which to Gus, who was taken by vampires and was used to working w/ criminals in the past, it would sound more like a threat to him than anything else).

I can logically understand why Gus would feel wary of Vaun and the rest, and I could see that in his position why it would FEEL like he had no choice (even if, let's say, Vaun gave him a choice). Gus doesn't know these people, plus he's worked w/ thugs and thieves so is used to not trusting anyone; why would he look at Vaun any differently? Even if Gus/Vaun 'apparently' worked together for an extended period of time (not that we, the audience, really know that), the only 'friendly' moments between Gus and Vaun were in the elevator and while training. This 'implies' they have bonded and found mutual respect....but that's hardly any evidence at all in the grand scheme of things.

I LOVED and LIVE for the scene when Gus wanted to pull Vaun out of the pit. It shows a lot, yet nothing at all, just how this show works. I'd LIKE to think they bonded. I'd like to think, not that any of us have much evidence to go on, that Gus has respect for Vaun's team, knows that there really aren't any other options in terms of 'saving the world' and making things right w/ himself, BUT he is still wary of ALL vampires just the same. Mentor figure or not.

While you can argue that Vaun would never have killed Gus if he refused to help I truly feel there's just as viable of an argument that he would have done so too.

We could have easily sacrificed a bunch of Eph scenes and Fet/Dutch moments for some 'Vaun training Gus' screen time. Almost everything about Gus/Vaun being 'friends' is sadly a headcanon, but lol as fans of THIS show we are sadly used to that.
Luccicute
Luccicute
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:31 pm

It's a shame we never got to see more of Vaun and Gus's relationship.

We did see him hunting vamp on his own. The building couldn't have been were they had kidnapped him too, and I doubt that Vaun and the team caught the vamps just to run lose were The Ancients sleep. The whole thing locked on location. It to me. Felt like that Vaun had kidnapped him to began with. The rest after word. Was all up to Gus. If he stayed of left.  

Gus many have just not been watching TV or listing to the radio. Both were shout down for the most part. He most likely didn't even think that there would be anything on ether. Who's to say. That Vaun and the team even had TV or radio.

But all in all. It's all a moot point. The relationship between the two of them. Is not elaborated enough or the story flushed out enough. For anyone to really know anything. That for me. Is the sadist part. I get the feel. As the show goes on. The writers are going to do every thing they can. To have Q. Replace Vaun in every way. On top of that. Their going to try to make Vaun out to be a villain. And that sucks the most. Since we know nothing of their relationship, or whom Vaun was.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Luccicute Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:49 pm

VampireEater wrote:It's a shame we never got to see more of Vaun and Gus's relationship.

We did see him hunting vamp on his own. The building couldn't have been were they had kidnapped him too, and I doubt that Vaun and the team caught the vamps just to run lose were The Ancients sleep. The whole thing locked on location. It to me. Felt like that Vaun had kidnapped him to began with. The rest after word. Was all up to Gus. If he stayed of left.

One thing I'll bring up about the building Gus was in, the only reason why I DO feel it was the same underground facility that Vaun lives in, is because in the books they brought Gus's own turned mother there. Right in front of him w/ the ancients, which was fine since they had her blindfolded so the master wouldn't know where they were. Eph and Nora did the same thing by bringing that older infected couple to help 'treat.' So maybe Vaun captured some of the master's vamps to help train gus and his group. But LOL as we've been saying, WHO EVEN KNOWS CAUSE THE WRITERS WON'T TELL US ANYTHING.

VampireEater wrote:But all in all. It's all a moot point. The relationship between the two of them. Is not elaborated enough or the story flushed out enough. For anyone to really know anything. That for me. Is the sadist part. I get the feel. As the show goes on. The writers are going to do every thing they can. To have Q. Replace Vaun in every way. On top of that. Their going to try to make Vaun out to be a villain. And that sucks the most. Since we know nothing of their relationship, or whom Vaun was.

I feel this is pretty accurate. Everything about Gus/Vaun is technically a headcanon with 'evidence' towards both ideas that Gus/Vaun were friends or that Gus had no choice/was kidnapped. No one knows cause nothing is clear ESPECIALLY between seasons (feels like night and day between s1 and s2 no pun intended)

Ugh. And yeah, I think they're definitely gonna focus more time on Q which I don't 'mind' in a way since I've always liked Quinlan (hell we loved Q when we thought he was Vaun) but its a shame to waste an interesting character like that. Says tons that even Q's actor said Vaun was his fave :/ and he didn't like replacing him. Idk...hope people will write more fics and do more art but for the most part I'm keeping any complaints out of the main tags. No need to drag other fans just trying to have a good time into it (who are more likely to see those kinds of comments rather than writers/actors any how). Its sad XD but I like both Vaun and Q, even if technically speaking Vaun has way less character development...he grew on me idk...just upset we couldn't have both.

Ah well...I'll just be over here drawing Vaun and Gus art XD I even have a small comic page planned that hopefully I'll have time to finish! Nothing big...just cute XD

Last edited by Luccicute on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Luccicute
Luccicute
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:21 pm

[quote="Luccicute"]
VampireEater wrote: but for the most part I'm keeping any complaints out of the main tags. No need to drag other fans just trying to have a good time into it (who are more likely to see those kinds of comments rather than writers/actors any how). Its sad XD but I like both Vaun and Q, even if technically speaking Vaun has way less character development...he grew on me idk...just upset we couldn't have both.

Ah well...I'll just be over here drawing Vaun and Gus art XD I even have a small comic page planned that hopefully I'll have time to finish! Nothing big...just cute XD

i couldn't have said this better myself!!
I'm finally coming to terms with what was done,is done and can't be fixed..i'm at the point where i will still watch the show anyway since i love my vampires and all.....even if they don't bring back vaun for the flashback scenes..its ok..

I wrote my final rant about things vaun/quinlan related and won't say no more...just going to be here posting vaun/quinlan art as well....

looking forward to seeing more of your lovely art Lucci!!
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down