Let's play a game!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's play a game!

Post by Babywhatsyoursin on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys!

I was writing the other night and started mulling over the possibilities for Vaun’s backstory. We know so little that they're essentially endless.

And I thought it might be fun to kindof compare ideas as to what aspects of his "before" life might have been like. I'm sure we can each come up with a few ideas.

Whether or not they're fully fleshed out, share ideas here! I'll start:

Soo my initial idea: what if Vaun didn't have someone like Faustus to teach him who he was? What if he stumbled upon a strigoi belonging to the Master early in his life?

The Master is cunning. It knew of the danger Quinlan posed to it. It decides to take Vaun in and essentially corrupt him. Sends him on smaller missions which are dangerous but meant to prepare him for his real task- to kill Q.

So Vaun someday either meets Quinlan and learns who he is, or gets sidetracked by someone else and learns the truth. I'd go with the latter. Betrayed, he cuts off ties with the Master and wanders off.

I kindof want to make a major driving role for V his empathy. He'd act tough on the exterior but bases his moral code largely around the protection of those he deems innocent.

Over the years he learns that humanity isn't all black and white. So-called innocent people sin too. It grates on him. The only real innocent ones are those purest- children. Seeing them hungry and alone reminds him of himself in a way. So, without much else going on in life he eventually decides to take action.

He purchases land and sets to work providing a safe placw for the homeless children wandering the streets. (How there are so many homeless children I'd have to think about...) Maybe he has a few decades of turnover where older ones grow up and new ones come in.

Then one day the Master finds it and just destroys Vaun in the worst way by essentially providing the most painful deaths to those beneath his charge.

Thus, the Master is now Vaun's enemy. He does research and figures out that there are Seven total ancients

Etc, etc
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

View user profile http://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's play a game!

Post by VampireEater on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:13 pm

After thinking about it and reading Venatxrr post about it. I headcanon. That the reason Q bad mouths Vaun so much.

One Q is condescending, and two. Q has been jealous of Vaun since The Ancients choose him. To come with them to the new world!
Think about it! The Ancients didn’t want Quinlan an older hunter They've know longer by their side. They wanted Vaun. That must has burned Q’s buns to think that The Ancients would chose someone he trained over him. To lead their armies, over see their affairs and protect them.

I don’t know, but maybe a woman was involved too!

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mine! on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Babywhatsyoursin wrote:I mean I feel like all I really have to go on is the fact that Vaun was sweet to the Luss's kids. Even Gus, who at this Western day and age is right at the transition year of child/adult.

Anybody else have headcanons?

I don't have head canons, but the possibilities ARE endless. I think FX should do a one-off/one episode after The Strain series of Vaun's complete history. I think we should get at least that. It'll NEVER happen, but yeah.
Mine!
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:00 pm

Totally! I want to see more of him! As well as know who he was!

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mine! on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:29 am

VampireEater wrote:I have a new theory about why Vaun and his men look so much alike. The Master wanted to create another born. One that would be stronger than Q. So he infected expecting women. That were earlier in to their pregnancies. Than Q’s mother had been. Hoping that a more vampire like born. Would be more than a match for Q. 

The first one. Was born too vampire. Could take orders, but could not convers, and was overly sensitive to sun light. The Master tried again, and again and again! To try and make the perfect born. Until his fifth try. Were he finally succeeded. By Infecting a Wales noble women. That was earlier in her pregnancy than Q’s mother had been, but farther than the others hand been. Human enough to have none of the vampire weakness. Yet more vampire than the eldest of The Master seed. This born was the youngest of all the borns. His name was Vaun!

I am normally not a fanfic reader (plz not to kill me), but I would read this. And Vaun fanfic doesn't bother me because there is absolutely so much we just do not know about him, yet, he made such an impact in the little time we knew him as a character.
Mine!
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mine! on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:30 am

I just love Vaun. So, anything Vaun is just about right. Very Happy
Mine!
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Mine! wrote:I just love Vaun.  So, anything Vaun is just about right. Very Happy

Here's a Vaun fanfic! http://archiveofourown.org/works/4636578/chapters/10573131 I hope you will like it. There are a few other fanfics about him, but they were written when we all believed he was Quinlan. So he goes by that name in them and has the backstory. Of Quinlan. I hope that is alright. http://archiveofourown.org/works/2780702/chapters/6319073 This one is one of the best before season tow fanfics about Vaun. I hope you enjoy! Smile

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Mine! wrote:
VampireEater wrote:I have a new theory about why Vaun and his men look so much alike. The Master wanted to create another born. One that would be stronger than Q. So he infected expecting women. That were earlier in to their pregnancies. Than Q’s mother had been. Hoping that a more vampire like born. Would be more than a match for Q. 

The first one. Was born too vampire. Could take orders, but could not convers, and was overly sensitive to sun light. The Master tried again, and again and again! To try and make the perfect born. Until his fifth try. Were he finally succeeded. By Infecting a Wales noble women. That was earlier in her pregnancy than Q’s mother had been, but farther than the others hand been. Human enough to have none of the vampire weakness. Yet more vampire than the eldest of The Master seed. This born was the youngest of all the borns. His name was Vaun!

I am normally not a fanfic reader (plz not to kill me), but I would read this.  And Vaun fanfic doesn't bother me because there is absolutely so much we just do not know about him, yet, he made such an impact in the little time we knew him as a character.
I am glad you like! Very Happy I am hoping to write a fanfiction just about Vaun's life and whom and what he maybe. As soon as I get this other fanfic out of the way.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mine! on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:32 am

VampireEater wrote:
Mine! wrote:

I am normally not a fanfic reader (plz not to kill me), but I would read this.  And Vaun fanfic doesn't bother me because there is absolutely so much we just do not know about him, yet, he made such an impact in the little time we knew him as a character.
I am glad you like! Very Happy I am hoping to write a fanfiction just about Vaun's life and whom and what he maybe. As soon as I get this other fanfic out of the way.

Please do! Smile It would be interesting to read. Very Happy
Mine!
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:14 am

I have so many ideas. I will get to it as soon as I can. It would make me feel so much better if I wrote some fanfics about Vaun!

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mine! on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:19 pm

VampireEater wrote:I have so many ideas. I will get to it as soon as I can. It would make me feel so much better if I wrote some fanfics about Vaun!

Good!
Cannot wait! Very Happy
Mine!
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Thank you! :3

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:56 pm

In my quest to learn about Walsh history. I learned that in Wales there lived a noble family of the name Vaughan.   Also spelled as Vaun. this leads me to think. That maybe Vaun isn't his first name. Like many of us think, but a shorten version of his last.
Since it's not uncommon for many people to go by their last name. While in the work place, and not an uncommon thing in the world of The Strain. With Fet, Goodweather, and Setrakian. Answering to their last names. It is very possible that Vaun is the last member of a Walsh nobel family of the same name.
This opens up a whole new avenue of creative thinking and headcannon!

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: