Member Introductions!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Member Introductions!

Post by Majinkura on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:26 pm

ok guys so i think we needed an introduction thread of sorts for new members joining this site.

this way we can get more familiar with one another.

Name - (doesn't have to be your real name)
fav character - be it from the show/book or GN versions.
what got you in the fandom?

i'll start first.

Name - Majinkura,Majin,or Maj
Quinlan...or Vaun as he is known now...
see above,also my love for vampires (non twilight kind) brought my interests to this show.
(I saw the show first before reading the GN,and currently reading the books on and off).

now your turn!

Last edited by Majinkura on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Majinkura
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Member Introductions!

Post by GoeticDisciple on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Name - Marée
Fav character - Quinlan/Tye
What got you in the fandom? I enjoy a good, nasty vampire tale and when the vampire commandos showed up in Ep 7, I was hooked. Read the books and comics but find the show to be superior.
GoeticDisciple
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:46 pm

I'm Babywhatsyoursin, 'Baby,' and for fanfics shadowflame611, sf

Favorite characters are Quinlan (book) and now u suppose Tye...?

Started watching the show, since I'm a nerd for post-apocalyptic themed stuff. Really wasn't that interested until Tye showed up. Got me reading the books, which I found fantastic, if you ignore the plot holes. Razz Hoping that the show gets better- as it was last season I'd love to see improvement!
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

View user profile http://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:08 am

Have to agree with Baby - need to amend my intro to say, "I liked S1 but S2 isn't wowing me"
GoeticDisciple
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:04 pm

Name: VampireEater

Favorite characters: Vaun of course. Quinlan. Mostly book and graphic novel. Not sure if I like TV Q. He'll have to have an amazing personality. To seduce me. Don't get me wrong. Vaun is my fav, but I am a fan of other characters too.

What got me in the fandom: Vaun got me into the show. Originally. I thought The Strain was just The Walking Dead with vampires. One evening. I came upon a gif set of Vaun ( Than no one know whom he was ) and was transfixed. He was so different from the other zombie-vamps. he was dress to kill. Clean, and intelligent.  
There was no info of him on the wed. So I had to start watching the show. To see him more and get to know whom he was.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mine! on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:10 am

Name: Becca

Favorite Character: Vaun (show), Quinlan and probably Nora (books)

What got me into the fandom: My assistant had been up all night with her baby one night, and she had caught a few episodes on tv, and she asked me if I had seen it yet or heard of it. I hadn't, but once she explained that there were scary vampires, I was all over it.
I bought season 1, and my husband and I binge watched it. We had it completed just in time for season 2 to start.
My husband told me it was originally graphic novels, so I bought the Darkhorse hardcover books (the books are soooo nice, quality-wise), not realizing that not all the material had probably made it into hardcover yet. So, I have the fifth trade paperback book. That is what I have read through so far. The other stuff is on back order with my local comic book shop.

And then someone informed me that the story was actually a novel series, which totally blew my mind because had I known that, that is where I would have started in the first place. Now I have all three HC novels, but I haven't had a ton of time to read lately (swamped with work).

When I started watching the show, it gave me nightmares. Shows never give me nightmares. Ever.

I love that the show is being kept different from the books, however, I'm unhappy about Vaun being killed off. And not even just that they killed him off, it was the manner in which they did it and handled it. It was sloppy, awkward, and unnecessary.

Mine!
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:15 am

It's nice have you here! I hope you enjoy being here!

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loptr Inimicus on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Name: Cherissa (Yes, really, my parents were hippies. All of my younger siblings have 'normal' if gender-neutral names.) I also respond to Pitr, a corruption of my usual online name.
Favorite Character: TV - Vaun (by any other name); Books - Fet
What Got me into the Fandom: I'm a sucker (sorrynotsorry) for GdT's work in general
Loptr Inimicus
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Loptr Inimicus wrote:Name: Cherissa (Yes, really, my parents were hippies. All of my younger siblings have 'normal' if gender-neutral names.) I also respond to Pitr, a corruption of my usual online name.
Favorite Character: TV - Vaun (by any other name); Books - Fet
What Got me into the Fandom: I'm a sucker (sorrynotsorry) for GdT's work in general

Welcome! It's nice to have you here! Very Happy

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:14 am

Welcome to the forums Loptr!!
We hope you will enjoy and have a pleasant stay here!
Laughing
Majinkura
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bgidget on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:47 am

Name: Bridget
Favorite Character: Dutch (I know, I know - I'm in the minority) on the show. I'm only truly familiar with the show at this point. I just began reading the first book, but college has gotten in the way of reading things I'd like to read. I do like Setrakian so far, though.
What got me into the fandom: I was invited to a party where some friends and I watched the pilot. It was actually hosted by a friend who named his dog Guillermo, so you understand how big of a fan he was. I wasn't immediately hooked, but I was interested enough to keep watching, and I got hooked somewhere around Creatures of the Night when Setrakian's group solidified. It was only a month ago that I picked up the first book, though. I was busy with other reading material.

I've been making corny little fan videos on YouTube for the TV series. I'll have to post them somewhere on this forum if you guys want to see them. What I really want to do is sculpt custom Funko Pop figurines for the characters that aren't represented officially (like Fet or Dutch or even Nora,) but I have these hand tremors that make that kind of artwork next to impossible, so I try to use other mediums.

bgidget
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynxcat1 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:43 pm

bgidget wrote:Name: Bridget
Favorite Character: Dutch (I know, I know - I'm in the minority) on the show. I'm only truly familiar with the show at this point. I just began reading the first book, but college has gotten in the way of reading things I'd like to read. I do like Setrakian so far, though.
What got me into the fandom: I was invited to a party where some friends and I watched the pilot. It was actually hosted by a friend who named his dog Guillermo, so you understand how big of a fan he was. I wasn't immediately hooked, but I was interested enough to keep watching, and I got hooked somewhere around Creatures of the Night when Setrakian's group solidified. It was only a month ago that I picked up the first book, though. I was busy with other reading material.

I've been making corny little fan videos on YouTube for the TV series. I'll have to post them somewhere on this forum if you guys want to see them. What I really want to do is sculpt custom Funko Pop figurines for the characters that aren't represented officially (like Fet or Dutch or even Nora,) but I have these hand tremors that make that kind of artwork next to impossible, so I try to use other mediums.

Welcome! Glad to have you! Very Happy
Lynxcat1
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by descendedfromgrace on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Name - Jenn
fav character - I have more than one.. Vaun and Quinlan.

I had been watching the show since the start because it helped me with the lull between waiting for Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Pretty Little Liars. I thought it looked interesting and next thing I knew, I was hooked.
descendedfromgrace
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Huge (mostly belated) welcome to Mine!, loptr Inimicus, bgidget, and descendedfromgrace!!

Admin

View user profile http://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynxcat1 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:15 pm

descendedfromgrace wrote:Name - Jenn
fav character - I have more than one.. Vaun and Quinlan.

I had been watching the show since the start because it helped me with the lull between waiting for Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Pretty Little Liars. I thought it looked interesting and next thing I knew, I was hooked.

Welcome! Very Happy
Lynxcat1
Human
Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: