Occido Lumen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Strain Spinoff Ideas

4 posters

Go down

The Strain Spinoff Ideas Empty The Strain Spinoff Ideas

Post by Majinkura Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:35 pm

I got to thinking,like what robert kirkman and amc are doing for walking dead with it's spinoff,why not one for the strain?

It would be interesting to see events from the ancients/born/vampires side of things,or perhaps another set of survivors in another part of NY,or even in another part of the globe!!

what would you like to see if GDT were to do a spinoff for the strain?
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Strain Spinoff Ideas Empty Re: The Strain Spinoff Ideas

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:46 am

See, here I was thinking we'd get a spinoff for that running all summer... and what do I get?

I would love for them to make a spinoff thats... idk, scarier? Don't get me wrong. Walking Dead does the same thing to me at some points, because walkers on their own just tend to bumble along, and unless they're in a group can be pretty easy to trick or dispatch. Also in Walking Dead you get the theme of just how scary humanity can be, but I digress...

I feel like once the newborns start moving they should seem more threatening. I'm so picky. I am hoping that they just don't do the whole "whoosh/teleport... you're dead" thing. Id like to see them be more if a frightening presence as opposed to group of wasted druggies led by some goblin with elephantiasis.

Wow. Digress again...

Yeah. A spinoff to a different area of the globe would be cool. Like maybe a group of people buold this sanctuary on an island or something and have to set up defense systems and go on raids and stuff. Or more tales outlining some of the Vampire's history.

Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

https://occidolumenpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GoeticDisciple Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:49 pm

I'd love it if they would explore strigoi plagues during the Dark Ages, or in Feudal Japan or China. What about somewhere super tropical, like Southeast Asia? The overarcing feeling of The Strain is it's a northern hemisphere kind of thing. Would be interesting if they tried to take existing ancient art/artifacts and interweave their origins into the concept. I always think it's neat when writers/filmmakers do that.

I'm not even going to watch that Walking Dead spinoff. No Norman Reedus = do not care
GoeticDisciple
GoeticDisciple
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:38 pm

Really? Haha... I am. That show seems to produce some pretty good actor/actresses
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majinkura Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:39 pm

my ideal spinoff would be born centric!

the different born in different era's battling humans and fellow strigoi in modern times Smile but love to see the different national backgrounds the most.
Majinkura
Majinkura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireEater Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:46 pm

I would like to see a spinoff. That follows vampire around. From first being infected to completion. I just think that would be so interesting, and would give us an intimate look in to the processes of going smooth.

I know that have been giving us bit by bit of What it like to turn in to a vamp, but it's more form a humans pov and less from a vamps pov.

Also. A spinoff of Quinlan and his live. Can you imagine a spinoff about Q. It be like Highlander. With more blood.

VampireEater
Strigoi
Strigoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Babywhatsyoursin Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:54 am

Oh, also... DHL spinoff (Duh! :p )
Babywhatsyoursin
Babywhatsyoursin
Admin

Back to top Go down